HP actor Richard Griffins dies at age 65

Richard Griffins, the famous and respected
british actor, who quickly gained favor with
movie audiences worldwide for his role in the
Harry Potter films as Harry's Uncle Vernon,
a constantly prejudiced and ill-tempered figure
with a distaste for Harry's magical potential,
out of a sense of fear which boarders paranoia.

Griffins passed away this past Thursday
as a result of complications from heart surgery.

Daniel Radcliffe released a reactionary statement following the news:

"Richard was by my side during two of the most important moments of my career,
In August 2000, before official production had even begun on 'Potter,'
we filmed a shot outside the Dursleys' [house], which was my first ever shot as Harry.
I was nervous and he made me feel at ease.
Seven years later, we embarked on 'Equus' together. It was my first time doing a play,
but … his encouragement, tutelage and humor made it a joy."

I think I can speak for the Harry Potter fandom when I say that Richard Griffins
will be missed, and his role in the Harry Potter films, as well as the numerous other films
and stage productions he's been a part of, will not be soon forgotten.

Our sympathies reach out to the Griffins family in their time of grieving and loss.