J.K. Rowling reveals plans for possible eighth Harry Potter book!

In a new interview earlier this week,
to promote her new book The Casual Vacancy,
J.K. Rowling openly announced her interest in
possibly writing an eighth Harry Potter book.

On behalf of the fandom as a whole, I believe that
this is an excellent sign, because when
J.K. Rowling says she's interested in writing
something, she usually commits to doing so.

Here was the actual quote:
"Harry Potter truly liberated me in the sense that there's only one reason to write,
for me -- if I genuinely have something I want to say, and I want to publish it,"
she told the BBC. And she added: "Now if I had a fabulous idea that came out of that world -- because I loved writing it -- I'd do it."

This, combined with her saying to Oprah a few months back
that she would be open to the idea to re-visiting the HP world in some form,
are both excellent indicators that, at this rate, we'll likely hear something definitive soon.

Look for The Casual Vacancy in stores now!